Puffs is a very popular snack found in almost all bakeries in South India. It comes in different stuffing like beef, egg, chicken, vegetables etc.. This flaky layered delicious dish could be served as an appetizer or a tea-time snack.
- Beef - 1 lb(Minced)
- Onion - 1 Medium (Chopped)
- Ginger - 1 tbsp(Chopped)
- Garlic - 1 tbsp (Chopped)
- Green Chilly - 2 (Chopped)
- Mint leaves - 1 tsp (chopped)
- Curry leaves - 1 tsp (Chopped)
- Cilantro - 1 tsp(Chopped)
- Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 3/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Egg - 1
- Puff Pastry Sheet - 5 sheets
- Thaw pastry sheets, unfold and spread on a flat surface, gently run a rolling pin over to repair any cracks or imperfections on the surface.
- Heat oil, sauté onions, ginger, garlic, green chilies; curry leaves adding in that order till the onions turn slightly brown. Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, Garam masala, fennel seeds, and sauté for a minute.
- Add the meat along with enough salt and mix well, keep it covered and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the lid, add cilantro and mint leaves, increase the heat, and cook till the mixture is dry (2-3 min).
- Prepare Egg white by beating the white with some cold water
- Cut pastry sheets into squares, brush the sides with egg white.
- Keep some filling in the middle and turn one side over to the other covering the filling. Press the sides to seal, and brush the top with egg white. Bake at 450 degree F for 12-15 minutes or till it is golden brown.