Potato smash or Potato Curry is an easy to cook and quick recipe ideal to serve with breakfast/dinner or tea-time dishes like Chappathi, Roti, Poori, Appam etc.
- Potatoes - 2 cup [puzhungi kuzhanju pokathe podichathu]
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Red onion - 1/2 cup sliced
- Green chillies - 1 Chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tsp Chopped
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig or afew
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Cook the the potato well and smash it leaving some lumps here and there.
- Heat the oil in a pan , splutter mustard seeds, saute Red onion slices, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies and turmeric powder.
- Add curry leaves, add water and enough salt. Bring this to Boil.
- To the boiled mixture in Step 3, add lemon juice and Potato..
- Best to switch off the heat while the dish is in a semi-liquid paste form.
Best Served with: