Shrimp have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and low levels of mercury. As with other seafood, shrimp is high in calcium, iodine and protein. A shrimp-based meal is also a significant source of cholesterol. Shrimp consumption, however, is considered healthy for the circulatory system.
- Prawn/Shrimp Cleaned and peeled - 1 cup
- Red onion [Sliced thinnly] - 3 big
- Pearl Onion [sliced thinnly] - 15
- Greated coconut - 1 cup
- Tomato (Chopped Fine) - 2
- Green chillies Slit - 4
- Drumstick - 2 [cut in to 5-6 pieces and sliced it]
- coconut slices - 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Curry leaves - 1 Sprig
- Splutter mustard seeds
- Add Sliced coconut. Saute for Couple of minute
- Add sliced onion, sliced pearl onion, green chillies and chopped tomatoes and stir-fry.
- Add drum-sticks pieces to the vegetables.
- Add salt for taste.
- Close the pan and cook. Stir occasionally.
- After the vegetables are cooked , add the prawns and stir Properly.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder , turmeric powder and add a cup of cold water into the vegetables. Stir again and close it for cook the curry .
- If needed , pour water occasionally .
- Meantime roast the grated coconut[the color should become golden brown color]and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add the roasted coconut paste into the curry, add little bit of water and close it for 1 min.
Add fenugreek powder and pepper powder .
- Garnish with curry leaves.