This recipe for the chicken fry is super easy to prepare and so tasty. Could be served as side dish or consumed as it is. The preparation is not complicated with many ingredients, yet this is crispy and mouth watering. No wonder it is a favorite to masses.
- Chicken Pieces - 1 lb
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Rice powder - 2 tsp
- Red onion - 1 small sliced
- Oil -
- For Marination
- Ginger - 1
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Tomato - 1/4 cup
- Shallots - 4
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tbsp [ According to your taste]
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Mint leaves - 1 tbsp [Chopped]
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp [Chopped]
- Salt - to taste
- Water - As required
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 - 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients for marination in a blender with enough water and grind to make a smooth paste. Rub this on to the chicken pieces and keep aside for around 1 hour.
- After the waiting period in Step 1, add rice powder to the marinated chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken pieces over medium flame until the color on all the sides turn brown.
- Add curry leaves ,mix well and fry it for a few seconds more.
- Saute the Sliced red onion in remaining oil for 10 - 20 seconds. Transfer this too the fried chicken .
- Drizzle lemon juice on it just before serving.