Mysore Bonda is one of the most popular snacks originating from Mysore, Karnataka. Mysore bonda is a lemon size dumpling made of all purpose flour, rice flour, baking soda and buttermilk. Mysore bonda is a healthy snack crunchy on the outer side and spongy in the inner side. The Mysore bonda can be eaten at breakfast time or as appetizer or snacks. It tastes good when served hot accompanied with coconut chutney.
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Rice powder - 1/4 cup
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Buttermilk - enough to make batter
- Salt to taste -
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Sliced Coconut Pieces - 1tbsp
- Chopped Green chillies - 1tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Oil (To deep fry) -
- Mix all purpose flour, rice flour, salt and Baking soda well. Add buttermilk in to it . Make it into a vada batter consistency. [Add little amount of water in to yogurt and mix well to make butter milk]
- Add cumin seeds, Sliced coconut and Chopped green chillies to the batter and mix well.Keep it aside for 20 minute.
- Heat oil to fry, make into small sphere shaped structures and put in to the oil, cook in a very slow flame.
- Remove once it is golden brown colour. Serve with coconut chutney